just friends

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » just friends » Articles and comments » Has Russia become the World's foremost Terrorist Centre

Has Russia become the World's foremost Terrorist Centre

Сообщений 1 страница 20 из 36

Publication time: Today at 15:08 Emirate time

The American newspaper Time published an article on the recent bomb attack at Moscow's Domodedovo airport, which resulted in the deaths and wounding of around 200 people.

Kavkaz Center publishes the article with some minor abridgements, while maintaining the duty Western anti-Islamic propaganda terminology.

The attack at the Moscow airport on Jan. 24 was horrific, murdering dozens of innocent civilians. It is probably linked to Chechnya or the surrounding areas in the Caucasus, from which so many such attacks have emanated.

Russia has been the site of the largest number of serious terrorist attacks over the past decade (excluding Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq, which are really war zones). Why?

The answer to this question sheds a sorry light on Russia's counterterrorism strategy. In fact it is a case study in how not to fight Islamic terrorism.

It's now conventional wisdom that Moscow faces a brutal Islamic terrorist movement, bent on jihad, unwilling to compromise and determined to inflict pain on Russians almost as an end in itself. That's the view presented by Russian officials and accepted by Western leaders.

Over the past decade, George W. Bush and Tony Blair reacted to terrorist incidents in Russia by quickly condemning them and describing them as instances of Islamic terrorism, tied to al-Qaeda and its fanatical vision. This unthinking acceptance of the Russian narrative allowed Moscow to respond with brutal violence, often against innocent civilians and without prompting international criticism.

A little history provides a different perspective. Chechnya's struggle against Russia, at root, has nothing to do with Islam.

About 200 years ago, the Russian empire began a war of colonial expansion in the tiny area called Chechnya. After resisting for several bloody decades, the Chechens were forcibly incorporated into the empire in 1859.

As soon as the Czar's rule ended in Moscow, the Chechens began clamoring for independence, which they were granted in 1918.

By 1920, Lenin had invaded the region and brutally suppressed the independence movement and all subsequent revolts. But the problem did not go away, so Lenin's successor, Josef Stalin, applied an even more brutal solution.

In 1944 he deported most of the Chechen population - nearly half a million people - to central Asia and burned their villages to the ground.

Still, the Chechens retained their identity and national desires, so in the 1950s, Nikita Khrushchev allowed them to return to their homeland.

In 1990, as the Soviet Union was collapsing, a national convention of all Chechen political groups united in a call for immediate independence from Moscow. In response, the Russian government invaded Chechnya.

Over the course of the past two decades, it has fought two ferocious wars, killed tens of thousands of Chechen civilians and razed large parts of the republic, flattening its capital, Grozny. Moscow finally subdued Chechnya and installed as President a pliable local warlord, Ramzan Kadyrov (Ramzan Kadyrov has never been a "warlord", has never fought against Russians, as had never fought his father, Akhmad Kadyrov, who was an agent of the FSB - operative conspiratorial name "Adam". Ramzan Kadyrov was the personal driver of his father - KC).

His regime has managed to make Freedom House's Worst of the Worst list of the most repressive governments on the planet. As Russia's brave human-rights organization Memorial concludes in a 2009 report, "in Chechnya there has formed a totalitarian regime based on violence ... and fear."

As the once secular secessionist movement in Chechnya continued to be brutally suppressed, it became more extreme, taking help anywhere it could find it, including from Islamic extremists...

...And as tales of Russian brutality spread, Muslim warriors who were searching for jihad traveled to the Caucasus to do battle with the unbelievers.

Muslim fundamentalists from Saudi Arabia and other countries have provided funds to some of these groups.

Even today, despite the surface calm in Chechnya, Russia maintains a brutal reign of terror there and in its surrounding regions. Any signs of religious behavior are viewed with hostility.

"Retribution is inevitable" was Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's comment on the Moscow airport attack, setting up the next stage in this cycle of violence and extremism.

Had Russia approached the Chechnya problem with less brutality, tried political outreach or offered greater autonomy, the opposition to its rule might have turned out to be vigorous but still manageable.

Now, given the nature and ferocity of the terrorists it faces, Russia might not have a choice. At this point, it is fair to describe the Chechen rebellion as dominated and defined by Islamic extremism. But it did not start out as such, and it didn't have to turn out that way.

Outside the Af-Pak region and Iraq, Islamic terrorism has not been able to strike with great force in recent years. Except in Russia.

In fact, one could argue that the Russian government, far more than Osama bin Laden, has managed through its actions over the past two decades to create the largest and most active new center of Islamic terrorism in the world today.

It is well known that the world's terrorist centre is in London. With all its Imams and "charity" funds recruiting cannon fodder for and channeling money to terrorist cells worldwide.

+1

Raymondo написал(а):

Kavkaz Center

Who say this sacred name in vain?

Europe plays terrorist games with Russia

http://english.pravda.ru/images/article/1/7/4/43174.jpeg

Poland has denied visa to London-based emissary of Chechen terrorists, Akhmed Zakayev. Zakayev was going to visit Warsaw to attend a court meeting devoted to the case about his possible extradition to Russia.
"I don't understand this decision," Zakayev's lawyer Radoslav Bashuk said. "I would like an explanation as to why a visa denied the person who requests it because he wants to participate in own hearing."

Akhmed Zakayev, the emissary of Chechen terrorists, formerly one of the most well-known warlords, was put on the international wanted list in 2001. Russia accuses him of terrorism and a series of grave crimes, which he committed to infringe upon Russia's integrity and change the national constitutional structure. Zakayev took an active part in the organization of illegal armed groups.

However, Europe did not hurry to deliver the terrorist to Russia. In 2002, during the hostage drama at Moscow's music theater, Zakayev arrived in Copenhagen, to participate in the so-called World Chechen Congress. The police of Denmark arrested Zakayev at first, but then released him. As a result, the emissary found political shelter in the British capital. In September of 2010 he traveled to Poland to attend another meeting of the World Chechen Congress.

Russian officials stated that the congress in Poland was nothing but a provocation and urged the Polish authorities to deliver Zakayev to Russia. The emissary spoke of Poland as a "friendly state." The so-called Ichkeria Republic (Chechnya) has its representative office in Warsaw, there is even Jokhar Dudayev Square in the city named after the Chechen terrorist. Many Polish officials publicly sympathize with terrorists too.
Russian-Polish relations improved after the tragedy with Lech Kaczynski's plane. Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski and Prime Minister Donald Tusk stated that their country was prepared to build new relations with Russia. However, Tusk does not sound as Russia's partner when it goes about Zakayev.

"It is our aim to prevent Poland being exploited by either Russia, which demands Zakayev's extradition, or Zakayev, who uses our country to unrestrainedly demonstrate his views," Tusk said.

Zakayev was arrested in Poland on September 17, 2010. Afterwards, the terrorist emissary was released - he returned to England quietly. Zakayev's lawyers say that their client's extradition to Russia is unacceptable. They are determined to prove that at court.

The Polish authorities repeatedly denied Zakayev a visa, but they take no action to ban the World Chechen Congress, they do not close Ichkeria's office in the country and they let the emissary of Chechen terrorists leave the country freely. The Polish authorities do not want to ruin their ties with Russia, nor do they want to irritate Britain, where Zakayev finds his political shelter.

Bogdan Bezpalko, an expert for Poland at History Department of the Moscow State University, told Pravda.Ru that no one was going to close Ichkeria's representative office in the center of Warsaw.

"The USA has recently held a public presentation of a book by another emissary of Chechen terrorists - Ilyas Akhmadov. The USA supports Akhmadov, the UK supports Zakayev. Poland will not stand up against these countries. Russia may not hope that Poland will change its loyal attitude to terrorist emissaries," the expert said.

Vadim Trukhachev
Pravda.Ru

Our Policy is clearly vastly superior to your own, Bella .
We have had just one effective Terrorist incident whereas you have almost countless numbers plus  wars --- two with Chechnya, the invasion of Georgia  and the present wider one across the north Caucasus ..
Regardless of nationality ,  we will never return a political asylum seeker to their country of origin if we can see that the evidence against them is dubious or that the other country will not follow full process of Law and/or indulge in Human rights abuses . Nobody would dream of sending people like Berezovsky or Zakayev to Russia  , given its appalling record .
Even if they are criminals , they must be treated fairly and by The Rule of Law . Russia is incapable of operating in this way .
And  the article I posted  clearly shows that your Governments ,  and particularly the present one ,  have acted in ways which have turned Russia into the world's leading Terrorist centre . And I am sure it will get much worse .

Incidentally , Bella , is your fellow Forum member ML fit to be here ? Do you remember Novel Beauty in GG ? Similar symptoms , I fear

Raymondo написал(а):

Our Policy is clearly vastly superior to your own, Bella .

This is plain to see. Nurture terrorists and deploy them overseas. Not really a major shift from the ages old British doctrine of no friends and constant interests.

Raymondo написал(а):

We have had just one effective Terrorist incident whereas you have almost countless numbers plus  wars --- two with Chechnya, the invasion of Georgia  and the present wider one across the north Caucasus ..

It is about time you made up your schizophrenic mind, whether Russia was subject to terrorist attacks or "Putin's bombing campaign".

Oh, and the alleged invasion of Georgia sounds especially hilarious coming from a citizen of a nation that has invaded and occupied two countries within the last ten years.

Отредактировано moonlightdrive (2011-01-28 19:48:12)

+1

Ramon, you should be fair. ML's posts are very smart. It's the other side of the coin that you don't like them. But I still can't understand why you refuse answering her questions. Don't you know the answers or don't you want to write these answers? I don't think that you are unable to answer any question. So why are you so selective and ignore LM's posts?
LM isn't Novel Beauty, it's for sure. Can't you see her brilliant English? Moreover, to tell the truth( but it's only my own guess, it can be wrong), I even think that LM is a gentleman, Mister X, for eample, in any case, she/ he doesn't live in Russia.I guess what country she/he is from, but it's not my business. So her/his place is here, it's for sure. Does she make your life uncomfortable? It's great! At last somebody manages to get you!Try to listen to her not only to those things you would like to hear, try to keep the discussion. We are following your duel with a great interest.
My respect to both of you! [взломанный сайт]

+1

Marina --- such politeness ?
Your questions are  not easy to answer .
My gut feeling is that ML is not genuine . I do not regard her as clever . She profiles as a fraud and has no positive opinions .
Whether or not she is the routine " plant" , she/it behaves as though she is one .
She never answers a question and simply shouts and screams like a baby -- the type of behaviour recommended  for  low level Forums and the one practised world wide by low level FSB personnel .And  also in America , if the truth is told .
If you look carefully , she never answers questions and replies as though I have failed to answer hers.
It is quite an interesting technique  . But check it . She talks as though she has made a good point but when you look she is inventing things .
It is actually a standard interrogation technique ,  but  , to OK people on an innocent Forum , it goes unnoticed  . And OK people , like yourself , are fooled into thinking that such people are smart .
I was not being serious when I compared her to past people we have known .I was interested in a possible reaction . Novel Beauty was a very damaged person and ML is not half as clever as Sarah , even though I strongly suspected she had a very clear Agenda dictated to her .

Raymondo написал(а):

She never answers a question

It was you who could not answer questions. It was you who dismissed my questions on a totally laughable basis.

Raymondo написал(а):

even though I strongly suspected she had a very clear Agenda dictated to her .

You should not speak of agendas, your brain washed case being so obvious.

Oh my God ,
It is Laroshka
Compulsive And Obsessional Disorder
Take a rest ML  Go back to your job , rested and calm .
Are you over 50 ?
Of course you are . But beware a heart attack .

+1

Raymondo написал(а):

It is Laroshka

Try again, you paranoid idiot.

Raymondo написал(а):

Is that what your doctor murmurs during your visits? You do have a lot of signs.

Raymondo написал(а):

Are you over 50 ?
Of course you are .

It must really be hard to be an old lonely wanker that you are, Raymondo.

moonlightdrive, please, be so kind, stop calling Ramon bad names. I've already asked you about it. I don't know how old you are but even if you are 20 , it must be really hard to be a lonely wanker that you are, Moonlightdrive. You must know a lot of it if you are biting so bitterly. None of us is an idiot or has any other mental disorder, just try not to boil all the time. Shall we continue in such a way? Then, I think it's better close this Forum as it is becoming to look like GG . Ladies or gentlemen! Can't you keep your bad mouthes closed and be just friends? [взломанный сайт]

+1

Bella написал(а):

moonlightdrive, please, be so kind, stop calling Ramon bad names

Where was your moderating when he called me bad names? Have you not noticed that it is this nutcase who resorts to name calling whenever he is unable to argue sensibly, i.e., always?

+1

It used to be. Now it isn't. Are we kids in the kindergarten? If he has taken your doll , will you seize his toy-car? It would be funny if it were not so unfriendly.
And I am not a moderator. There are no moderators here. It means that we believe there won't be personal atacks here. There won't be warnings or bans. We are mature enough to moderate our own words by ourselves.We are just friends. All of us are whatever we can think of anybody .  [взломанный сайт]

Bella написал(а):

We are mature enough to moderate our own words by ourselves.

Then get your act together and stop lecturing me.

+1

Raymondo написал(а):

lol

Naughty, you have a great talant to make women crazy and manipulate them

никто написал(а):

That must be why he's saving for his summer trip to Slutsk.

+1

никто написал(а):

lol

OOps!

to make crazy women and men

lol

никто написал(а):

to make crazy women and men

Indeed. If he ever makes a man or woman, they will be crazy. Especially if you take part.

I will, it's not hard for me as I don't know and don't want to know you at all. I simply value Ramon's participation in this Forum much more than any of your questions. I've re-read them. I was wrong, he is right. You are playing a dangerous and cowardly game. I can see the purpose of your signing up this Forum-to destroy it. It's for sure , without any doubts. If it's so, I'll try to avoid you as a member of the 5th column. That's what we were afraid opening this Forum-such destructive persons like you,such uninvited guests. Am I also a paranoic? No, I am not. That's my last word to you. Keep quiet.  [взломанный сайт]

Вы здесь » just friends » Articles and comments » Has Russia become the World's foremost Terrorist Centre

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно